The Catalant Platform provides experts and clients with the collaboration tools that they need to manage an entire engagement, from first interaction through project completion. Below is an overview of the process.
Finding and Pitching Opportunities
- First, the client creates an opportunity or requests a discussion through Marketplace Services.
- Next, the expert submits a pitch as an initial expression of interest. If the client requested a discussion through Marketplace Services, the expert should respond to the request instead of submitting a pitch.
- The client selects candidates and schedules a scoping call using a Catalant provided Zoom meeting. Use the calendar tool and the Zoom meeting to centralize communications, reduce the risk of sharing personal information, and to allow Catalant team members to join the conversation.
- The expert submits a proposal that is customized with details from the scoping conversation. Clients often evaluate several proposals and request iterations.
- The client accepts the proposal that is most aligned with their project, timeline, and budget needs.
- Once the client and expert agree on the scope, terms, and fees for the project, the client and expert both execute the project agreement.
- Once the project agreement has been executed by both the client and the expert, the project launches.
During the Project
- The expert and client communicate using Workspace Messaging and Zoom.
- The expert requests payment for client approval based on the agreed-upon payment or deliverable schedule in the project agreement.
- The client reviews and approves payment. Once the client has approved payment, experts should expect to receive payment in 5-7 business days.
At Project Completion
- The expert and client provide both public and private feedback. This feedback helps experts win future projects, and it helps clients select the experts that are best suited for their projects.