The Catalant Marketplace provides experts and clients with the collaboration tools that they need to manage an entire engagement, from first interaction through project completion. Below is an overview of the typical process.
Finding and Pitching Opportunities
- The Client posts a project or requests a discussion with an Expert. Experts can view publicly-posted projects by browsing new opportunities on their dashboard. Experts may be invited to a specific project by a Catalant team member or the Client.
- The Expert submits a pitch as an initial expression of interest. If the Client requests a discussion, the Expert should respond to the message through Catalant's platform.
- Experts can view the status of submitted pitched from the Opportunities tab on their Dashboard.
- The Client selects candidates and schedules a scoping call using a Catalant-provided Zoom meeting. Use the calendar tool and the Zoom meeting to centralize communications, reduce the risk of sharing personal information, and allow Catalant team members to join the conversation.
- The Expert submits a proposal that is customized with details from the scoping conversation. Clients often evaluate several proposals and request iterations.
- The Client accepts the proposal that is best aligned with their project, timeline, and budget needs.
- Once the Client and Expert agree on the scope, terms, and fees for the project, the Client and Expert both execute the project agreement.
- Once the project agreement has been executed by both the Client and the Expert, the project officially launches and the Expert can begin work.
During the Active Engagement
- The Expert and Client may communicate using the provided Workspace Messaging and Zoom.
- The Expert requests payment for Client approval based on the agreed-upon payment or deliverable schedule in the project agreement.
- The Client reviews and approves payment. Once the Client has approved payment, Experts should expect to receive payment via Payoneer.
At Project Completion
- The Expert and Client provide both public and private feedback. Qualitative feedback and quantitative star ratings help Experts win future projects, and they help Clients select the Experts that are best suited for their projects.
- The completed project will move to the expert's Archived tab.