Experts have the opportunity to market their capabilities to clients through a defined service, allowing clients to connect with experts quickly and easily through the Catalant platform.
Highlights for Experts
- Showcase your strengths by describing the work that you do for clients
- Target the right clients using skills and industry tags
- Get started quickly when clients request a discussion through the Catalant Platform
- Get paid easily upon completion of milestones through the platform, using the same payment process that is used for traditional projects.
- Receive feedback from clients upon completion of a service to strengthen Service positioning
How Do Services Work?
- Submit your Service through your Catalant profile
- Clients browse Services directly through their dashboard, and narrow the results using keyword search, and with filters for category, skills and industries
- Interested clients will request a discussion through the platform
- After discussing with the client, customize your offering through a formal proposal
- The project launches after the client approves the final proposal and accepts the contract
Build your Service in 3 easy steps
Step 1: Identify your Service Capabilities
If you're unsure about how to identify the capabilities that you should market through Services, start with the projects that you have completed, and turn them into Services that can reach new clients with similar business needs.
Some of the questions you may want to consider while identifying your service capabilities:
- What are the business problems that my projects address?
- What is the approach that I take to address my client's needs?
- What are the deliverables or outcomes that I can offer to clients?
- What are the unique skills, industry or functional expertise, and insights that make me an expert in my line of work?
You may find that you can offer a variety of services to clients. Submit multiple services and take advantage of different service categories and skills and industry tags to reach the right clients for each offering.
Step 2: Create your Service
To create and access your Services, go to the Services + section at the bottom of your profile.
Use the following fields to provide information to prospective clients:
- Service Category: select the category and subcategory that will allow clients to find your Service when filtering
- Service Title: provide a succinct yet descriptive overview
- Description: provide the details of your Service, so that clients know who you are and what you can do for them, including:
- The business challenges or industry trends that your Service can address
- An overview of why you or your firm is qualified to deliver the Service
- The high-level approach you take when delivering your Service, to give the client a sense of how you would work with them
- Some of the deliverables and outcomes that your Service would include, and supporting documents if desired
- An invitation to prospective clients to contact you through the Catalant platform to discuss further
- Relevant Skills: tag your Service with all of the skills offered, so clients can find you when applying filters to the list of results
- Relevant Industries: tag the industries that your Service aligns with, so clients can find you when applying the filters to the list of results
- Files: upload any materials that will help illustrate your Service's the outcomes and deliverables
- Estimated Delivery Time: provide an estimate of the time it typically takes to complete the work
- Estimated Budget Range: Provide a cost estimate of what the work typically costs
Step 3: Market Your Service
Optimize for Client Search
When clients are browsing services, they are able to search by keyword and filter by skills and industry. Add enough detail in the description for clients to find your Service when searching by keyword. Tag your Service will all relevant skills and industries so that it appears in filtered results.
Promote your Service on Catalant's Website
Catalant may display select Services directly through its publicly accessible website without displaying any of the expert's personally identifiable information. This is an exciting way for experts to extend the reach of their Services and engage more prospective clients. Clients are able to view limited information about the Service before they are prompted to create an account to view the full details of the Service or request a discussion.
When approved, the following information is visible through the publicly accessible website:
- Service title
- Service description
- Service skills and industries
- Service category and sub-category
- Expert's first name
- Expert's job titles
- Expert's photo
- Expert's tagline
If you would like your Service to be considered for Catalant's publicly accessible website, please ensure that your service is approved for marketing.
Example 1: Due Diligence
Example 2: Supply Chain Strategy
Example 3: Data Visualization
Example 4: Business Process Redesign
Example 5: Product Roadmapping
Example 6: Pricing Strategy