Catalant offers compliance services to clients engaging with Experts through Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. A client’s compliance services package may require Catalant to perform a worker classification assessment on each project that client posts. For more information about Catalant’s compliance services, please see the Compliance Process Overview article.
If you are being engaged by a client that requires a worker classification assessment, the Catalant compliance team will reach out to you shortly after the client accepts your proposal.
As part of the assessment, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire about your business and the project. In addition, we will request documents that apply to you and your business. Your responses and these documents will tell us how you hold yourself out as an independently established business. This is one factor we evaluate to determine whether or not you’re an independent contractor.
Please see below for the types of documents we will request that you provide.
If you have a legal business entity (e.g., LLC, S-Corp, partnership), please email us at least one of the following:
- Formation documents (such as articles of incorporation, articles of organization, charter)
- Fictitious Business Name or Doing Business As (DBA) Certificate
- Proof you’re paid through your legal entity (such as bank statements showing your business name on the account, tax returns, client invoices).
If you do not have a legal business entity, please email us as many of the below as are applicable to you:
- Form 1099-K or local equivalent
- Marketing materials (such as a website, LinkedIn profile or screenshots of other materials advertising your services)
- Proof of investment (such as receipts for office/co-working space, equipment, certifications, accounting or legal services)
- Certificate of insurance (COI) evidencing business insurance
Please redact all sensitive info before emailing us.
Questions about the worker classification assessments or compliance services?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with one of our team members. Catalant’s Compliance team is happy to work with Experts to determine any alternative documents that may not be outlined above or answer any questions.